Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mayo Visit - Stem Cell Transplant is a "GO"

We met with Dr. M at Mayo and he told me that I am an excellect candidate for the high dosage chemo treatment and the Stem Cell Transplant. So, for the first week of July, I will have a physical and tests to make sure I can stand the coming treatments. Second week of July is a rest. Third week of July is the Stem Cell Harvesting. Fourth week of July is check-in to Hospital, get the high-dosage chemo treatment, and transplant the stem cells from week 3. I will be in the hospital for about 2.5 weeks and go home mid August.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are very brave. I will be seeing my cousin next week. He had a stem cell transplant and is fine now. That's what I want for you.
    Hugs to both you and Sue,
    Carol and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers and toes are all crossed.

    hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add our HUGS to the above -

    Dick and Brenda

    ReplyDelete