Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm Too Upset to Write Something Cute - Now I Have a Blood Clot

My daily temperature has come down to 99 degrees. It's still a little hot, but not as bad as the 101 degrees.
My stamina is returning to a level consistant with being at Day 25. Thats good.
Thursday we were in Mayo for one more test to find the cause of the fever. I was getting an Ultrasound of my upper right chest area where the Central Line used to be. It was 10AM, and my next appointment was at 12:30 to see my main doctor. The ultrasound technician finished the test, said that I could get dressed and asked me to wait a few minutes while they checked with the Doc to make sure that they got all the images that were needed. The Tech returned, said that the testes were complete and that they had moved my 12:30 appointment up to "immediately". Historically, my main Doc is never early because he is very busy. Something is up!
When I got to the next appointment, there were a few people that I had been working with on the fever challange. "Mr Jester, we found a Blood Clot during the Ultrasound and we have to start treating it immedately!" I will tell you more after I get my mind around this new development.
For now, I have started taking a blood thinner and have joined the Mayo Coumadin Clinic. I go to the clinic at least twice a week to have my blood tested and the coumadin dosage adjusted. The treatmnet will last about three months.
It is wonderful that they fould the clot before it caused any problems. It just sucks that I have one.
bye

4 comments:

  1. Finding the clot was a blessing and now it will get busted and you can recoup. Love you, Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that the clot was found, there are nasty tales about those whose clots are not found. his will all be over in a years time, just keep taking the pills.

    Hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did mean " 'T'his will all be over..." but sometimes the "He's" with blood clots take years to recover when they are lucky.
    More hugs. i hear a bit of boing boing boing going on.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just don't cut yourself!! All joking aside, we are wishing you a quick "clot busting" recovery!

    Laura & Jerry Couture

    ReplyDelete